Choose the Right Diamond
- At Michael Trio, we have a section here to educate our visitors on diamonds (4Cs,diamonds certificate, etc). If you find the information overwhelming to understand, you may call one of our diamonds consultants at (65) 6299 0110 to help you. It is important to have these knowledge to make an informed decision.
Besides acquiring knowledge of the 4 Cs of diamond, you’ll also want to take into consideration a diamond’s shape. The shape of the diamond is all a matter of your girlfriend’s preference. Below we list a few of the possible shapes you can get a diamond in:
Choose the Right Setting
- After working out your budget, calculated her ring size and gathered all background knowledge of her tastes, preferences and lifestyle, you are now in a much better place to choose the right style of setting for the unique diamond. It is important to choose the right setting because the right setting will highlight and enhance the stone’s best feature. An engagement ring is typically made of a precious metal upon which at least one gemstone is set. Four popular categories of ring settings include the classic solitaire, a fancy setting with side stones, a matching bridal set and halo (framed setting). When you choose the ring setting that the diamond will be mounted in, you may want to consider the wedding band and how it will look with the engagement ring.
The simplicity of the solitaire setting makes it a timeless and classic choice. A solitaire setting with four prongs allows the most light to enter the diamond from all angles, maximizing its brilliance. Six prongs shows slightly less diamond, but provide slightly more security in holding the stone. This setting is best for stones with good symmetry and perfect cut. It is a safe bet when you're not sure which style you want. It is also typically the least expensive way to set a stone.
Browse through our classic collections here.
|A fancy setting with diamond side stones adds an extra sparkle to your ring, complementing your center stone. The side stones are set evenly with the band in a channel setting, bar setting or with prongs. The purpose of the side stone is to visually connect the center stone with the shank or to cover the width of the ring so that the plain part of the shank is not visible when viewed from the top. In respect to finger size, it's a very good choice for larger sizes. For those with smaller fingers, the setting must be chosen very carefully. The wrong choice might result in a ring that looks not proportion to the finger.|
|A bridal setting is comprised of an engagement ring setting and a matching wedding ring to create a perfect fit and uniform look. Bridal sets come in classic solitaire settings or include diamonds. This also allows men to be more creative and personal in their own choice of a wedding band.|
Guide to Wedding Rings
- A wedding ring is a metal band worn on the base of the right or left ring finger. An exchange of a wedding ring between husband and wife is a symbol of a life-long contract in the modern days now. At Michael Trio, we offer an eclectic variety of His & Her wedding bands, with some collections of engagement rings for her that will complement the wedding band in shape/size. If you have already purchased your engagement ring elsewhere, fret not. You can bring your engagement ring to us and our team of designers will provide you with customised designs to match your engagement ring.
Types of Wedding Rings
- Michael Trio offers 2 types of wedding rings: with and without diamonds. The plain wedding band holds its own appeal to those who feel an affinity for tradition and history. A wedding band without diamond does not necessarily lose out to one with diamonds too because we use a variety of finishing and texturing to bring life to a simple band. Michael Trio offers wedding bands in white gold, yellow gold and rose gold (18 karat or 14 karat) to suit a variety of tastes and preference.
|View our collection of couple rings designed to match when put together side by side.|
Men wedding band
|Men today have more choices than ever for wedding bands. From the simple textured gold ring to bejewelled designs set with a simple diamond or more. Explore our collections for more options.|
Women wedding ring
|Be it clothes, bags, shoes or jewellery, women are always spoilt for choices. Michael Trio offers the variety of wedding rings for women.|
|Simplicity at its finest, a classic ring that will never go out of style. Retaining its quality as time flows .|
Customised Ring designs
- Michael Trio offers you the choice to customise your own ring design to suit your style and preference. Our team of designers will guide you along in your journey of creating something which no one else will have the same. We offer engraving services and couples can choose to have hidden messages/symbols engraved on the inner band of the rings, an intimate secret only known to both of them. Contact us today to discuss the possibilities and options of creating something unique to both of you.
- Arrangements can be made for an appointment at our office to discuss about your ideal design. Feel free to bring along any materials that’ll give us a better conceptualisation of your design. If you do not have any ideas, fret not. At our showroom, we have samples of products that you can view to form your ideal design. During this process, we can better understand your wants and you’ll have a better understanding on the costing, should you have a budget in mind.
- If you do want us to form the design you have in mind, upon confirmation, we will receive the deposit from you and our in-house designer will begin sketching the designs according to your preference. The designs will be sent to you via emails and our designer will make changes to the design to match what you have in mind. Alternatively, our showroom have samples of products that you can view to form your ideal design.
Casting and Setting
- Once the design has been confirmed, our production team will take over and begin the process of mould making, casting and the setting of diamonds. Upon completion, we will contact you
Some points to take note of:
Find Your Ring Size
Michael trio makes it simple to order a ring in the proper size.Here are a few steps to make your measurement more accurate:
- When measuring, keep in mind that each finger could have a different size, so don't presume that a ring that fits your left ring finger will also fit your right ring finger.
- Measure when your hands are warm, not cold.
- Make sure the measurement you choose easily fits over your knuckle.
How to find your ring size
- We provide a printable ring sizer that can help you determine your ring size. Prior to printing, ensure that page scaling is set to "none" on your print dialog box. Click here to download
- Request for a free plastic Ring sizer
- Michael Trio will resize your ring free of charge for you within the first 60 days of purchase. However, take note that for eternity rings and tension rings cannot be resized and has to be completely remanufactured. That being said, it is important to order the correct size at the time of your original purchase.